Why I am inspired to study abroad?

We all have heart the adage :
The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.

I have always loved reading books. I was seeing the world through them, I was using my imagination to discover unknown worlds. Every single day, I was dreaming about great adventures, mighty exploits and visiting enchanted places.

It was inspiring to discover the world through books, but with the passing of the years I realized that my life was slipping through my fingers in the very same room, where I grew up. I got to know the stories of the people from the books, but I didn't have my own stories to tell.


The life was passing by in front of the books. Immersing myself in other people's stories, resulted in not living in present and not experiencing anything. This is like denying who you really are and trying to fit into some role. I decided to stay true to myself and to follow the advice of Exupery: “Make your life a dream and the dream a reality.“ So from dreamer, I decided to become a doer.


I realized that if I wanted something interesting to happen, I have to provoke the change. Following the crowd and hiding in my room did not lead me very far. So, I decided to find my own path, by embracing the idea of Coco Chanel : 
My life didn’t please me, so I created my life.

I was taking little steps, but I was stepping undoubtedly in the chosen direction. I have been studying French language for more than ten years and it was about time to visit France, to admire the exquisite beauty of Notre-Dame, to savour a french croissant, by sipping coffee with milk in a coffee bar near Seine or simply to wander through the Parisian streets and to discover what Parisian chic really is.



These simple experiences, that I have longed for years did not exclude visiting a delightful book-store hidden in a quite street away from the city buzz and buying an interesting book as a souvenir of my trip.





My journey inspired me to travel more, to explore the world, to visit interesting places and to meet different people.

So I continue pursuing the dream, exploiting to the full every opportunity to find who I really am. I am on my way on finding my favorite place, my passions, my purpose in life.
Every difficulty on my way is revealing the weak points and my knowledge gaps. I am trying to unlock my potential, by constantly striving to improve myself, to come out of my comfort zone, to push boundaries around me and to begin something new.

Each study trip is offering to me an incredible experience, to enjoy the beauty of outstanding landscapes, learning a new language, tasting an exotic flavor.




So one day, I woke up feeling like a different person. I am now tempted to quote Alice by saying 
I'm afraid I can't explain myself, sir. Because I am not myself, you see?

CONVERSATION

0 коментара:

Публикуване на коментар

Back
to top